HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST V
|Department||DHS - Prince George OCSE|
|Date Opened||7/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year with growth potential up to $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Prince George's County Office of Child Support
4235 28th Street, Suite 135
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent in this position performs as a manager responsible for providing professional, administrative and supervisory staff work in supervising, coordinating and monitoring the work of an assigned group of Child Support Specialists Assistants in the Establishment. Coordinates leave of employees, recommending approval or disapproval of leave requests as necessary to adequately staff the team. Trains staff members in their established job duties and use of the Child Support Enforcement Administration's automated computer systems (Dashboard and CSES). The individual in this position receives instructions from and reports to the Deputy Director of Operations.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at may be substituted the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Possess one year experience supervising staff.
2. Possess one year training staff.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.