REFRIGERATION MECHANIC **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||2/8/2019 11:06:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $39,827.00/year, with potential growth to $48,665.00|
|HR Analyst||Zaria Matthews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of a Refrigeration Mechanic is installing, repairing and maintaining commercial and industrial refrigeration at Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center.
The incumbent will receive general supervision from a maintenance supervisor.
The employee may be subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis. The work may be performed in extremes of heat and cold while employees may be exposed to noisy, dirty and uncomfortable conditions. The work may require the use of protective equipment when working around noisy machinery. The work may require working in confined spaces at different heights and moving objects in excess of 50 pounds.
Experience: Four years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and equipment at commercial or residential buildings or other facilities.
1. Graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a concentration in refrigeration and air conditioning may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Engineman or Utilitiesman classifications or Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration; Utilities Equipment Repairer; Utilities Chief; or Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician specialty codes in the air-conditioning/refrigeration maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the disposing or servicing of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess technician certification from an approved Environmental Protection Agency certifying organization as required by section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification who are designated as Level I or Level II employees shall attend and successfully complete the appropriate asbestos safety and health training as required by Executive Order 0l.01.1987.22.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|