ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||9/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,390.00 - $54,186.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore City Region
Division of Administrative Operations (DAO)
1910 N Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides administrative support to the Assistant Chief, Administrator and Unit Supervisors within the Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Administrative Operations (DAO), Baltimore City Region. The incumbent in this position ensures the daily operational needs of the unit, making sure that all needed correspondences are made to properly open all facilities daily; and tracks and records the direction of renovation projects for DHS.
Analyzes DHS's monthly building inspections to ensure that health/safety codes, ADA regulations and Accreditation requirements are met; tracks and records renovation projects and deliverables; creates work requests to assist with procuring project funding; provides Regional Manager with updates on changes to projects; manages the Remedy Facility database to create monthly reporting; prepares multiple reports as directed; creates and assigns work order; creates correspondence and spreadsheets; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year or more experience with Microsoft Office's Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
2. One year experience in Project planning; overseeing and directing a project's progression.
3. One year experience keeping records and filing
4. One year experience with Smartsheet.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The assessment will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment and clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application. Credit may be given for relevant part-time, temporary, or volunteer experience including the number of hours worked per week.