ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Employee Health Services Case Manager Trainee
|Department||DPSCS Division of Correction Headquarters|
|Date Opened||10/2/2018 08:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,390.00 - $54,186.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Afryea Lucas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Establish and maintain case files for job-related injuries and personal medical cases.
- Enter associated HR transactions in the State Personnel System (Workday) and other databases as directed.
- Coordinate with IWIF claims adjusters to facilitate successful worker’s compensation case outcomes.
- Coordinate with HR Partners to address medical absences for personnel. HR Partners include: Employee Relations, Office of Equal Opportunity, Operational Support Units, Department of Budget and Management Leave Bank Program Coordinators, HR Benefits Coordinators, and the State Medical Director.
- Research frequency and nature of medical treatment as it pertains to employee absences.
- Research time and attendance records in conjunction with supervisory correspondence.
- Review medical reports to assess employee’s fitness to return to duty.
- Address incomplete, insufficient documentation issues with employee or physician as appropriate.
- Identify and report suspicious claims to DPSDS officials and IWIF.
- Schedule SMD Appointments and review subsequent medical evaluations.
- Coordinate with agency Finance, timekeepers, and supervisory personnel to ensure appropriate time entry for accident leave and temporary total disability absences.
- Maintain contact with employees injured workers and other human resource partners regarding workers' compensation claims.
- Assist injured workers with the disability retirement application process or other employment options.
- Document data tracking for periodic, monthly and annual reporting in compliance with DPSCS, OSHA -300, and Department of Budget and Management requirements.
- Process employment and disability insurance claim requests.
- Participate in staff and multidisciplinary meetings or interactive processes to resolve employment status.
- Prepare monthly or periodic statistical reports for work activity and case management
- Prepare letters, memos, emails and other written communications pertaining to case management.
- Prepare case updates for supervisory and management staff.
- Participate in staff meetings and interactive interviews with DPSCS employees or other stakeholders.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Testify at various court hearings and administrative proceedings for worker’s compensation and employee grievances.
- Serve as a liaison to the IWIF claims adjusters to facilitate worker compliance with the claims procedures.
- Provide prompt and efficient responses to telephone, email, US mail, inter-office correspondence, or other electronic inquiries/requests.
- Collaborate with team members and other HR partners to provide case resolution.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
CREDIT HOURS EARNED MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION FOR YOU TO BE EVALUATED PROPERLY.
Applicants without bachelor's degrees must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Six months of work experience in Workday
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
Six months of case management experience and six months of time keeping experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To submit any qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you are unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended. However, if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to: HRSD-Recruitment & Examination ATTN: A. Lucas 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000 Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4215 or email email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.