PSYCHOLOGY SERVICES CHIEF
Regional Director of Mental Health Services
|Department||DPSCS-Programs and Services|
|Date Opened||10/19/2018 10:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,952.00 with potenial growth to $97,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
This is a MANAGEMENT SERVICES position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Institution- Women
7943 Brock Bridge Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794
Baltimore Central Booking & Intake Center
300 E Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
· Direct and coordinate all psychology activities of the mental health program within the DPSCS region.
· Collect and review institutional monthly statistical reports to determine the status of the region’s mental health program activities. This includes: ensuring that the reports are timely; assessing workload of each clinician; ensuring the accurateness of the information provided; and ensuring that the duties required of each clinician are being performed satisfactorily.
· Oversees peer reviews and/or audits of performance of mental health personnel within the region.
· Consults with other program directors and managers or officials of agencies outside the Department on policies, plans, goals of the mental health program, and needs of the inmate population.
· Provide advice consultation to the Chief of Mental Health Treatment Services
· Provides direct supervision to all licensed psychologist and psychology associates where necessary in the region. This includes resolving conflicts with regional mental health personnel when and where necessary; and ensuring adequate mental health clinical coverage in the region.
· Recommend appropriate personnel actions to the Chief of Mental Health Treatment Services regarding regional psychology staff.
· Liaise with institutional personnel offices in ensuring that: all efforts are being made to fill vacant psychology positions within the region; all Performance Evaluations Plans for regional psychology staff are timely and adequately completed; all position descriptions adequately reflect the duties for positions in the region’s institutions.
· Maintains a caseload of mental health patients for whom evaluation, risk assessment, and treatment are provided.
· Resolves any complex diagnostic questions arising within the region.
Education: Possession of doctorate degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited college or university in a program acceptable to the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Candidates must be licensed as a Psychologist by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
Attn: T. Johnson
For more information, please call 410-339-4214.