PUBLIC SERVICE ENGINEER III
|Department||PSC Engineering Investigations|
|Date Opened||10/12/2018 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Loni Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
William Donald Schaefer Tower
6 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Duties include, but are not limited too:
Analyzing reliability reports and performance improvement plans and inspecting utility records, procedures and electric facilities, when necessary
Conducting risk assessments, developing reliability metrics and recommending proposed rulemakings to improve utility performance and assure utility accountability
Assessing regulatory compliance and managing inspections
Tests, Investigations and evaluations of physical facilities used by public utility companies in the production and distribution of products and services
Investigation of consumer complaints against electric distribution companies
Handling reports of accidents submitted by electric utilities
Preparation of oral and written testimony
Supporting state-wide emergency response efforts related to the energy and utilities
Resolving deficiencies identified during inspections
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of engineering experience conducting inspections, tests, investigations and evaluations of physical facilities used by public utility companies in the production and distribution of products and services.
1. Professional engineering experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Professional engineering experience may be substituted at the rate of two years for each one year of the required experience as defined above.
3. Possession of a Master's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering classifications or Engineering specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Established networking within the industry to capably represent the agency in industry and inter-agency technical and regulatory working groups. A proven track record in working with regulatory attorneys and economists and experience in delivering expert testimony is a plus.
- A professional engineering license and experience or training in engineering economics is also preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
For questions regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4906.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|