ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||DLLR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||1/30/2019 3:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,186.00 - $67,144.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Dunphy|
** contractual vacancies available **
**This position requires that you can complete and pass a DPSCS criminal background check in order to be cleared to work in the correctional facilities.**
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Anne Arundel
- Washington County
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to develop and administer connections between American Job Centers, businesses, and correctional facilities for an assigned geographical area to produce a credentialed, skilled work force benefiting workers and employers. Job duties include:
(1) providing information to individuals who are re-entering communities on resources and services, including but not limited to, expungement workshops, traffic assistance, Federal bonding program, child support and modification, earned benefits, document replacement, career training, career counseling and assessments, job search tools, job search assistance, resume writing, clothes referrals, homeless navigator assistance, and TABE/survey of offender barriers to employment;
(2)interfacing with the job center staff as to the services rendered at the centers;
(3)interfacing with local businesses to connect returning citizens to fill jobs, or apprenticeship opportunities in the local area;
(4) providing a ' boots on the ground& quote; assessment for program staff at Eutaw Street;
(5) coordinating activities with other government agencies and institutions to facilitate the connection of services and resources for reentrants; and
(6) performing other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Must have at least 1 year of experience working with Ex-offenders.
** This position requires that you can complete and pass a DPSCS criminal background check in order to be cleared to work in the correctional facilities. **
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
email address: Stephanie.email@example.com
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.