ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||DHS - Carroll County DSS|
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00 with growth potential up to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
THIS IS A POSITION SPECIFIC RECRUITMENT FOR THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, CARROLL COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
CARROLL COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
1232 TECH COURT
WESTMINISTER, MARYLAND 21157
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and bidding agency contracts. Processing requisitions and purchase orders for all procurement requests and procurement transmittals as needed. Perform internal control reviews agency wide. Monitor FMIS operating for compliance to State Departmental, Local agency policies and regulations. Perform other financial operational, procedural audits that include elements for material exceptions to financial, compliance and procedural guidelines of laws, regulations and policies.
- Process Specialist Requisitions in ADPICS.
- Process authorized in-house requisitions in the Statewide Procurement System (ADPICS, a component of FMIS System).
- Customer Service to internal and external customers.
- Process contracts, Memorandums of Agreement as needed.
- Input data accurately, in appropriate areas from fully authorized in-house requisition to statewide procurement system in ADPICS.
- Ensures compliance with terms and conditions of contracts.
- Daily internal audit / compliance reviews.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
If not using education to meet the requirements, the applicant must have one year experience in governmental procurement managing agency contracts and bids.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a closely related field of study.
2. One year experience in Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
3. One year experience writing contracts, and Memorandum of Understanding/ Memorandum of Agreements( MOU/MOA's).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay