MSP PILOT II
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||6/5/2018 08:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,400.00 - $94,219.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Blake|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP, Trooper 4, Salisbury Section
5286 Lear Jet Way
Salisbury, MD 21804
MSP, Trooper 5, Cumberland Section
Route 1, Box 100
Cumberland Regional Airport
Wiley Ford, WV 26767
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two thousand helicopter flight hours as an FAA certificated pilot.
1. Twelve hundred helicopter flight hours as an FAA certificated pilot and three years of experience piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Fifteen hundred helicopter flight hours, three hundred of which consists of piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Naval Aviation Pilot classifications or Rotary Wing Aviator, Pilot, or Pilots/Naval Flight Officers specialty codes in the Piloting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Turbine Helicopter Experience
2. Twin Turbine Helicopter Experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a FAA Commercial Helicopter or FAA Commercial Airplane multi-engine certification.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Physical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter or Instrument Airplane Rating as determined by FAA regulations and required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination, by the Maryland State Police before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis and must provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.