NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER II
|Department||DNR - Land Acquisition and Planning|
|Date Opened||7/27/2018 12:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Experience: One year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications; please include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Experience conducting field work related to the identification of real property boundaries
- Experience conducting Land Records research to determine boundary line descriptions
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD or other GIS software to map property boundaries
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html prior to hire.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.