MARKETING DATA ANALYST
|Department||COMM - Div of Tourism Film & Arts - Tourism Dev|
|Date Opened||10/1/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marketing Data Analyst within the Division of Tourism, Film, and the Arts.
This recruitment contains a supplemental questionnaire. It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Marketing Data Analyst will lead the strategy and execution of data collection, analysis, insights and reporting to gain a clear understanding of what does and does not work in the market. This position will focus on building dashboard, reports and mining data to uncover opportunities to drive visitor spending; provide analysis to owned data sources through zip code targeting and customer preference models to generate insight into customer behavior, trends, and preferences; determine visitation and the characteristics of the State’s visitor, economic impact of the State’s visitors and work with the Office of the Comptroller’s in evaluation of the performance of the Tourism Tax codes. This includes daily use of granular reporting, analytics and industry tools, to identify trends.
The selected employee will possess strong marketing, analytical and research skills; excellent interpersonal skills to work with high level public and private sector officials and maintain effective working relationships; excellent written and oral communication skills; experience in the use of business databases; knowledge of economic development research tools including socio-economic data and survey analysis; the ability to interpret statistical information and handle multiple, concurrent and high priority projects. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite for Windows including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Google Mail and/or other relevant software and experience with performance measurement tools that track visitation, economic impact, and marketing and advertising performance and interactions such as IMPLAN, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and conversions tools such as Double Click.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Planning, Economics, Information Management, or closely related field
2) Three (3) years of professional experience in marketing, business/economic research, economic analysis, mathematics, statistics, consumer behavior or a closely related field.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.