|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||10/26/2018 07:34:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.10 - $24.41/hour|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide incident analysis during consequence management operations, including for response and recovery
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the risk for all hazards that currently or could affect Maryland
- Develop, create, and updated geographic information system products related to risk
- Develop products that can be used to inform planning efforts
- Support the NCR and Baltimore Regions by providing analysis and data
- Support Maryland's strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in workgroups, Risk Reduction and Strategy Directorate, and Agency initiatives and programs, and Statewide activities
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Directors, or Operations Personnel.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Education in risk management, geographic information systems, statistics, planning, civil engineering, environmental science, geology, or emergency management.
- Professional experience in emergency management, risk analysis, intelligence, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of geographic information system mapping.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, program development, and communication skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
MEMA - HR
ATTN: Kristi Metzger
5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136
For more information, please call 410-517-3615.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay