Finance Policy Analyst
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||11/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC), is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and knowledgable individual to fill the position of Administrator I (Finance Policy Analyst) in their Finance Policy Division.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Administering annual enrollment period for Student Loan Debt Relief Tax Credits.
· Collecting all applications and required filings from applicants.
· Processing applications and entering applicant data in to SLDRC database.
· Responding to inquiries during enrollment period.
· Assembling and maintaining annual applicant database.
· Running data from database to make determinations for awarding tax credits annually.
· Working with the Program Manager of the SLDRTC program to determine tax credit awards.
· Responding to tax credit inquiries from applicants, credit recipient and others through telephone, email and other communication methods.
· Administering tax credit payment follow-up process to ensure that credit recipients use the tax credits to pay down student loan balances within 2 years of receipt.
· Collecting documentation supporting and showing payment of the tax credits to outstanding student loan balances.
· Working with the Program Manager and other staff in the annual administration of the Student Loan Debt Relief Tax Credit program.
· Experience in administration of programs with application processes and award decisions based upon specific eligibility criteria.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member.
· Ability to work independently, apply and interpret laws, policies and procedures and use of good judgment in evaluating and making decisions.
· Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, estimate time frames, meet deadlines, plan and use available resources, and coordinate work assignments with others.
· Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a courteous attitude toward the public and employees.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, quality service standards, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in awarding tax credits.
- One year fiscal experience and analysis.
- One year experience with Debt Relief Tax Credit.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
RESUME REQUIRED with online application and can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all documents together as ONE attachment (resume, degree, etc.).
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).