ADMINISTRATOR I [C19020/217073]
Financial Analyst - Reporting
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Homeownerhip Programs|
|Date Opened||11/29/2018 2:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.10 - $27.33/ hour (Grade 16/ base-step 9, with potential growth to $33.69)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Scriber|
This is a contractual position with limited benefits.
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. We are proud to be at the forefront in implementing housing policies that promotes and preserves homeownership and creating innovative community development initiatives to meet the challenges of a growing Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd, Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro Stop.
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Four years of experience in financial analysis as administrative staff or in professional work (preferably accounting or other fields where data managing and reporting is the core responsibility)
- Two years of community assistance experience in residential or commercial real estate development, governmental housing, community development and/or infrastructure development programs, including market research, planning, financial management, loan or grant program administration, capital projects or project development.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please Note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Christopher Scriber, Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Christopher Scriber, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in the position and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps.
For questions concerning this position, please call 301-429-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.