|Department||DJS Central Region - Administration|
|Date Opened||11/26/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of the Inspector General
Quality Assurance Unit
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Main Purpose of Job
As an Administrator II, the incumbent will uphold the Department's compliance standards that are required by statue, regulations, policies, and administrative directives. The incumbent will implement, monitor, and evaluate best practices to ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of youth in DJS care. The Administrator II will provide technical assistance as requested and represent the Department at internal and external meetings.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• At least one year of Supervisory management experience in a detention or committed facility
• At least one year of work experience of compliance monitoring and reporting in the areas of Program Management, Case Management, and/or Detention or Committed Facility Mgmt.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number: 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.