DJS CASE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - State Operated Fac|
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Department of Juvenile Services
Region I-Residential Unit
300 N. Gay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience providing case management services to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates who possess more than two years experience planning and supervising the performance of work of employees in a community or residential setting are highly desirable.
Be sure to reflect on the Supplemental Questionnaire accessed by the link below how you meet the preferred qualification.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.,
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments,