DJS RESOURCES SPECIALIST
|Department||DJS Metro Region - Community Services|
|Date Opened||8/3/2018 2:08:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,905.00 - $70,265.00|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Department of Juvenile Services
14735 Main Street, Suite M0400
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience providing case management services to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
1. Candidates may substitute an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge of private and public programs for youth and families in need of services to address identified needs.
2. Experience with placing youth in a residential setting.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application, copy of license and any additional pages you wish to attach to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.