ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
Contractual - Special Projects Unit
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 245,000 active members and more than 160,000 retires and beneficiaries.
The Agency is seeking to fill a contractual Administrative Officer I position to work in its Special Projects Unit.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to identify, locate and contact participants of the System that are due a benefit or refund. Contact will be via email, US mail and telephone. Primarily these participants will be vested members that are eligible to retire, however these participants may also include inactive and non-vested members (abandoned property records), or participants of the System whose mail has been returned by the post office. This position will also assist with monthly death match audits, annual audits of higher risk payments to payees of advanced age or residing out of the United States, and the annual earnings limitation audit.
The Administrative Officer I is an administrative position in the Special Projects Unit of the Agency. The incumbent's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Identify, locate and contact members that are vested and eligible for retirement or non-vested members that are eligible for a refund of their accumulated contributions. Once contacted encourage these members to submit their retirement paperwork or refund application to the Agency.
* Focus on members that are approaching or over age 70 ½ (mandatory retirement age) in order to comply with IRS requirements. Determine retirement eligibility and effective date of retirement for vested benefits.
* Assist with various audit such as Monthly National Death Match and Maryland Death Match, Annual Overseas and Over 95 Audits, and Annual Earnings Limitation Audit.
* This position makes recommendations on suspension of monthly payments based on ‘suspect’ death matches or non-compliance with annual audits of higher risk payments.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
*PLEASE INDICATE THE NUMBER OF GRADUATE CREDITS, WHERE APPLICABLE ON YOUR APPLICATION.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred Qualifications: ·
At least one year of experience involving one or more of the following:
* Researching and contacting customers via telephone, correspondence, or electronic mail (email);
* Calculating benefits (e.g. pension, insurance, health,) based upon plan/organization laws, rules, or policies;
* Reviewing and auditing customers' accounts.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents.
As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-4850.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|