HUMAN SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR II
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||10/2/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $64,902.00 with growth potential up to $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
FIA/ OFFICE OF LOCAL OPERATIONS
311 W. SARATOGA STREET
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position is critical to the success of overall Family Investment Administration programmatic operations and continuity of Community Medical Assistance access for the Local Departments of Social Services in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The Assistant Director is a leadership position that provides monitoring, devises work procedures and administrative controls, and represents Department of Human Services Family Investment Administration with Local Department of Social Services Directors and Family Investment Deputy and Assistant Directors, as well as the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange, the Maryland Department of Health, the Office of Inspector General and other modal administrations within Department of Human Services.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Seven years experience in administrative, professional or technical work, two years of which must have involved supervision of other employees or exercising responsibility for program development.
1. Applicants may substitute education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two years of the required general experience.
2. Experience in a human service program may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required four years of college education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Candidates must possess four years experience monitoring compliance or implementing corrective action plans for one of the following Family Investment Programs: Food Supplement Program, Temporary Cash Assistance, Temporary Disability Assistance Program, Community Medical Assistance which includes Modified Adjusted Gross Income.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Four years of supervisory experience.
2. Four years of experience with Modified Adjusted Gross Income.
3. Two years of experience using personal computer software such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, WebEx, etc., and mainframe computer Client Automated Resource and Eligibility (CARES), Maryland Health Connection (MHC), Electronic Case Management System (ECMS), State Verification Exchange System (SVES), Maryland Medicaid Information System (MMIS), Maryland Automated Benefits System (MABS) etc.
4. One year of experience analyzing procedures and practices to develop short, medium, and long-term strategic plans.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.