AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, HELICOPTER
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||11/20/2018 10:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Blake|
LOCATION OF POSITION
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Baltimore, MD 21220
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in the maintenance of turbine powered aircraft.
1. Graduation from a Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 147 Aviation Maintenance Technician School may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Aviation Machinist Mate classification or Aviation, Aerospace Maintenance, or Aircraft Maintenance specialty codes in the Aviation Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Working in an FAA Part 135 or FAA Part 91 or similar military operation.
2. Working at an FAA Part 145 Repair Station.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license. The license number and date of issue must be listed on the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Applicants for positions with the Maryland State Police will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached. Working weekends and holidays is required. Employee also subject to emergency call out. This is an Emergency Essential Employee.
4. Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of this position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.