ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
Business Operations Specialist
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||8/1/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shadrick Phillips|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
● Maintain Qualified Health Plan and guide Medicaid case inventory, ensuring efficient movement of complex issues.
● Collaboratively negotiate issue resolution with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, researching complex case narratives and coordinating efficient resolution.
● Monitors escalation inventory in all queues for trends in type, aging and/or volume, raising issues for deeper investigation and/or bulk technical solutions as appropriate.
Communication / Reporting
● Prepares written communication as necessary to respond to case and carrier resolution inconsistencies
● Regularly supports high-intensity case resolution conference calls with Qualified Health Plan carrier partners.
· Utilizing knowledge gained through handling escalated cases and feedback from consumers and stakeholder, suggest and promote agency wide policy, standards and workflow procedures to eliminate issues and enhance agency systems and operations.
· Interprets and applies or oversees the application of agency policies, rules and regulations to accomplish unit work.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with Maryland Health Connection enrollment process and eligibility determination or 834/8001 processing.
2. Prior experience as a lead worker, subject matter expert, and/or quality assurance specialist.
3. Experience prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
4. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to form partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the online or paper application process.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred, you are unable to apply online, you may complete and submit a completed paper application to:
Shadrick Phillips email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
750 East Pratt St.6th Floor Baltimore, Maryland 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay at 1-800-735-2258
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.