ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
Lottery Investigator / Security Specialist
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||8/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nathan Warfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD. 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to serve as a Lottery Security Specialist ensuring the security and integrity of all Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency operations, policies, and procedures.
The required duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the development of regulations to ensure the security of lottery documents and equipment.
- Conducting investigations and compliance tests to detect conditions detrimental to Lottery operations.
- Investigating complaints related to Lottery ticket sales or claims.
- Visits lottery retailers to conduct business associated with Maryland Lottery and Gaming.
- Testifying as a witness for Maryland Lottery and Gaming during criminal and / or administrative proceedings.
- Overseeing Lottery drawings and promotional events to ensure the integrity of these events and drawings.
- Employees in this position are deemed essential employees and must report for work or remain at work during declared state of emergency conditions to support continued lottery and casino operations.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two or more years of experience conducting investigations.
- Two or more years of experience conducting compliance and regulatory work.
- Professional experience testifying during criminal and / or administrative proceedings.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications of this recruitment. Resumes should be attached but will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Applicants will be rated based on their description of job duties and responsibilities. Applicants should be thorough in completing this requirement.
The online application process is strongly advised. If the online process is not available to you, you may complete and submit a completed paper application or direct any questions to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
Attention: Nate Warfield, Director of Human Resources
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
For inquiries call (410) 230-8764 or email nathan,firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.