MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST III
General Accounting Division
|Department||COMP General Accounting Division|
|Date Opened||5/16/2018 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Andre' Haskins|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the statewide Corporate Purchasing Card (CPC) Program, including serving as the liaison between staff at participating state agencies and the bank representatives, providing technical and procedural assistance to agencies, facilitating payment of the monthly statewide CPC bill, and participating in regular meetings with the bank and CPC Steering Committee. The incumbent will perform on- and offsite program reviews of agency Corporate Purchasing Card records and prepare findings and recommendations to senior management. Other responsibilities will include: the maintenance of policy and procedures, accounting and reporting support, internal control monitoring, system account administration, and other functions as assigned.
The position also performs special projects assigned by the department manager, implementation of systems, the development and implementation of program policies and procedures, as well as preparing various statistical reports. The incumbent develops materials (handouts, slides, reports, etc.) for presentations and trainings given by the General Accounting Division to state personnel relating to the CPC Program. The position performs analysis of various operating problems or areas of interest to the division and prepares reports to senior management and/or technical personnel. Additionally, this position provides accounting support, when required, to other sections within the division.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience performing analyses of complex managerial policies, practices, methods, agency programs, organizations, procedures, and other functions of management work at the secretariat-level department or independent agency
Three years of experience involving professional analytical work in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Operations Research or Management System Analysis.
1. Candidates may substitute graduate education in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Operations Research, or Management Systems Analysis from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for one year of the required three years experience.
2. Professional analytical work in Business Administration must have been in the following areas: business financial management, managerial accounting, statistics, marketing research economics, or business policy formulation and administration.
3. Professional analytical work in Public Administration must have been in the following areas: behavioral sciences, organization development, governmental budgeting, procurement and contracting, public financial management and budgeting, information technology systems development, government policy formulation and administration, or program analysis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Operations Research, or Management Systems Analysis classifications or specialty codes in the management analysis field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience as an administrator for a corporate credit card program
- Experience researching and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Experience analyzing accounting transactions for reconciliation and internal control purposes
- Experience writing detailed in-depth accounting and procurement procedures
- Familiarity with full scale enterprise wide general ledger software
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills
- Self-starter, motivated to build and develop internal processes
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.