ASSESSOR I, REAL PROPERTY
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||6/6/2018 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Evelyn Powell|
This is a Position Specific recruitment for the Montgomery County Assessments & Taxation Office only. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill positions in the above location only. Persons interested in future vacancies in the Assessor I, Real Property classification, will need to re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Montgomery County Assessments Office
30 W. Gude Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Main Purpose of Job
Strong Mathematical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel would be used to perform the duties of this position listed below:
· Learns to inspect real property to determine the appraisal value. Property inspections are required in all weather conditions.
· Learns to analyze existing market data and to apply standard appraisal procedures to determine the value of land or buildings.
· Learns to prepare, present, and defend determinations of value at all levels of the appeal process.
· Learns to determine the value of auxiliary items to the property, such as but not limited to: paving, underground utilities, outdoor lighting, and landscaping.
· Learns to appraise and record costs relating to the physical condition of the property, and to the depreciation, and economic or functional obsolescence of real property.
· Learns to record technical details of the property which may affect costs, such as but not limited to: size of the building; specifications, grade and quality of construction materials; type, grade and quality of building facilities, mechanical equipment, plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, electrical systems, and other structural components.
· Learns to determine building cost estimates based on analysis of building construction costs reported by contractors or property owners.
· Learns to review land records to determine legal title to the property.
· Learns to record and plot deed descriptions.
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Note: Additional appraisal experience involving the valuation of real property may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Relevant Coursework in Math, Engineering, Business, or Real Estate
· Appraisal experience involving the valuation of real property
· A license in one of the following: Real Estate Sales License, Real Estate Broker License, or Appraiser License
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Candidate must be willing to work in Montgomery County.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to have daily use of a motor vehicle while on official State business. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
2. Upon appointment, persons possessing a real estate broker or sales license, or a license to sell insurance, will be required to put same in an "Inactive" status.
3. Employees are prohibited from participating in any outside activity, including private appraisals, which may be deemed a conflict of interest by the Director of the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of rating education, training and experience related to the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Assessment and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511, 300 W. Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140. APPLCATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE CLOSING DATE.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|