HEALTH PLANNER II
EVD Management Coordinator
|Department||MDH Ofc of Preparedness & Response|
|Date Opened||11/1/2018 12:13:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00, with potential growth to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Office of Preparedness and Response, Baltimore, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will ensure the development, revision, and maintenance of preparedness and response plans. This position will also ensure compliance with federal grant program guidance, including its application, evaluation, monitoring, and reporting, by providing technical assistance, gathering and analyzing relevant data and effectively collaborating with all partners.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration, or Health Care Administration.
Experience: One year of experience in Health Planning.
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for three years of experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and one year of professional experience in Health Planning, may be substituted for the required specialized Bachelor’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in Health or Hospital Administration for the required experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in Health Planning.
5. Health Planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency, or in a Health System Agency as designated by Public Law 93-641, may be substituted at the rate of three months, for four months of the required experience.
6. General Health Planning experience, as required above, is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery/evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O.’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have experience with Public Health and Emergency Preparedness, as well as experience with grant management/compliance.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.