COMMITMENT RECORDS SPECIALIST I
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||8/6/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Lauren McGee|
THIS RECRUITMENT HAS BEEN **RE-POSTED** FOR BALTIMORE CITY LOCATIONS ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO RE-APPLY. PREVIOUS APPLICANTIONS ARE STILL BEING REVIEWED AND CONSIDERED. Please be sure to indicate on your application the County you are willing to accept employment. The resulting eligibility list will be used for at least one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedure, reviews sentencing and release orders, and accurately computes inmate terms, diminution credits and release dates. Accurately records calculations, credits and release dates within commitment and diminution records.
- In accordance with applicable laws, regulation, policies and procedure, accurately awards and records earned and revoked diminution credits. Successfully completes automated systems and commitment training as designated by the director.
- Successfully completes additional training as recommended by a Lead and designated by the supervisor and/or manager. Accurately lodges detainers and/or verifies detainers are properly lodged against inmates in accordance with established procedure.
- Accurately determines when detainer should be lifted and/or verifies detainers were properly lifted in accordance with established procedure.
- Accurately prepares correspondences within the assigned time period.
- Performs all other related duties
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in reviewing, verifying and interpreting information for compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
1. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for one year of experience for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
DPSCS Office of Human Resources
ATTN: L. McGee
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-339-4219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|