DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||10/31/2018 08:24:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tuesday Proctor|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Spring Grove Hospital Center Campus, Central Intake Unit, Catonsville, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Department of Health's Behavioral Health Administration is seeking Direct Care/Certified Nursing Assistants, to provide assistance in the care and treament of patients/clients who are referred to the Intake Unit, a 24-bed forensic inpatient facility conducting evaluation and treatment for court-ordered individuals diagnosed with psychiatric illness. The Intake Unit is a high acute psychiatric unit, located on the grounds of Spring Grove Hospital Center, in Catonsville, Maryland.
Direct Care Assistants on the Unit will: observe, report and record information related to patients or clients' behavior and appearances into clinical records; provide activities of daily living, including nourishment, personal hygiene and grooming; lift and position patients/clients; carry out procedures for the safety of oneself and patients or clients who may pose a danger to themselves and others; interact with and encourage patients/clients to participate in prescribed activities; report and correct, if possible, safety hazards in buildings and patient/client areas; attend and participate in team meetings, where Individual Program Plans (IPP), goals and treatment strategies are set or modified; conduct in-service and other training courses; and perform other related duties.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally or physically ill patients, aged or developmentally disabled in treatment facilities or community based programs.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in patient or client direct care on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience.
The candidate must have at least one year of experience working with psychiatric patients.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing OR within sixty days from the date of hire and prior to performing delegated nursing tasks, must have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved Nursing Assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification located in facilities which provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Some employees in this classification may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Employees in this classification must have successfully completed a direct care training course or examination approved by the hiring facility, prior to permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850, or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251, or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.