RESIDENT ASSOCIATE I SETT
|Department||MDH SETT Unit|
|Date Opened||8/16/2018 2:21:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $39,827.00 with potential growth to $48,665.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Secure Evaluation & Therapeutic Treatment (SETT) Program, Hagerstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions at the intermediate level and is responsible for providing care, custody and guidance for court ordered individuals with intellectual disabilities and may have co-existing mental disorders residing on the Secure Evaluation and Therapeutic Treatment (SETT) facility. The goal of the SETT unit is to promote personal growth and productivity by enhancing each individual's skills and decreasing or eliminating maladaptive or socially unacceptable behaviors to facilitate movement to the more integrated, least restrictive setting approved by the court.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of developmentally disabled, mentally ill, physically ill or aged individuals in treatment facilities or community based programs.
Notes: 1. Additional experience assisting in the care, treatment habilitation or
rehabilitation of developmentally disabled, mentally ill, physically ill or aged individuals in treatment facilities or community based programs may substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education from an accredited college or university with coursework specializing in health or human services, behavioral sciences, or criminal justice may be substituted at a rate of 30 credit hours for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training and maintain current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day, and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.