CORRECTIONAL SUPPLY OFFICER I *** REPOSTED ***
|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||4/16/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Eastern Correctional Institution
30420 Revells Neck Road
Westover, Maryland 21890
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Attends formal training courses at the Correctional Training Academy;
· Learns how to maintain control and discipline among the inmate helpers by enforcing safety, sanitary, custody and security regulations;
· Learns how to keep continual count of inmates assigned;
· Learns how to perform searches of inmates for concealment of drugs, weapons, tools, equipment and other unauthorized items;
· Learns how and when to prepare reports of infractions;
· Learns how to subdue and restrain inmates during fights and escape attempts;
· Receives and stores supplies, materials and equipment in order to maintain proper stocks;
· Conducts periodic inventory of supplies, material and equipment in order to reconcile actual amounts with written totals;
· Learns to receive and process requisitions for stock replacement from agency personnel in order to monitor the flow of supplies throughout the various departments; Disburses and accounts for supplies, materials and equipment issued to inmates and agency personnel in order to prevent theft and maintain fiscal and security controls;
· May consult with classification and security staff about hiring and retaining inmate workers;
· May contact vendors in order to obtain bids or resolve questions concerning supply purchases;
· Performs other related duties.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
· Current CDL
· One year experience in a food, supplies and materials warehouse
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for institutional support staff during their probationary period, (Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209). Selection standards for institutional support staff training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The examination process will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment Number 18-004091-0001
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.