COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||8/1/2018 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $60,815.00 with potential growth to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides medical provider outreach, patient education and care coordination to vulnerable or noncompliant clients who are referred by Managed Care Organizations, local health department staff, Maryland Department of Health, and private physicians.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience as a Community Health Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Program Management
- Supervisory experience
- Experience/Knowledge of Medicaid, ACA, and Managed Care Organizations
- Experience in Case Management
- Experience in Coordination of Care
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.