COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE PROGRAM MANAGER
|Department||MDH Local Health - Washington County|
|Date Opened||10/19/2018 6:03:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,257.00 - $87,110.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Steven Elmore|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Washington County Health Department, Hagerstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the management and evaluation of services provided for the Communicable Disease/Infectious Disease and other related clinical programs at the Washington County Health Department. In this position, this includes HIV Case Management and testing programs, Communicable Disease surveillance and investigations, Tuberculosis, Vaccine Preventable Disease/Immunization, Employee Health, PReP and rabies programs.
Education: A Master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity or one year of experience as a Community Health Nurse and two years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and three years of experience as a Community Health Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate should have the following experience:
Infectious Disease/Communicable Disease surveillance and investigation experience in a health care setting
Ability to use electronic information systems for program management
Ability to review and implement policies and procedures based on best practices
Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written reports using correct grammar and punctuation
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number should accompany your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.