|Department||MDH Local Health - Charles County|
|Date Opened||7/16/2018 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35.29 - $56.67/hour (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Health
Charles County Health Department
4545 Crain Highway
White Plains, MD 20695
Main Purpose of Job
A Dentist II is the full performance level of work providing dental services to clients. The main purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive preventive, prophylactic, treatment and restorative dental care services to clients in departmental dental programs per program guidelines and grant requirements.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Two years of experience in the practice of dentistry.
1. A Master’s degree in Public Health may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299. A copy of your license must be attached to the application.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates as issued by the Federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Applicants may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: Maryland Department of Health, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the Maryland Department of Health Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.