DENTIST III, COMMUNITY HEALTH
|Department||MDH Local Health - Prince George's County|
|Date Opened||6/6/2018 11:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,595.00 - $126,186.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Sandi English|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Prince George's County Health Department, Cheverly, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The Community Dentist III provides preventive, diagnostic and restorative dental services and treatment to patients through the entire life cycle. The incumbent maintains clinical competency as a general dentist and provides direct service, clinical guidance, support and supervision to the dental assistants, dental hygienists, other dentists and students.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Three years of experience in the practice of dentistry with two years of the required experience in a public health program.
1. A Master’s degree in Public Health may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299. A copy of your current license or license verification must accompany your application.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates as issued by the Federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
Applicants may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.