DENTIST III, RESIDENTIAL
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - State Operated Fac|
|Date Opened||9/28/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,362.00 - $75,711.60/yr|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
300 N. Gay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Three years of experience in the practice of dentistry with two years of the required experience in an institutional setting or a public health program.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates issued by the federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Applicants for this classification may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.,
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments,