DIALYSIS SERVICES TECHNICIAN II
|Department||MDH Deer's Head Center|
|Date Opened||10/19/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/2/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $50,818.00 (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Williams|
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
LOCATION OF POSITION
Deer's Head Hospital Center, Salisbury Md. 21802 (Wicomico)
Main Purpose of Job
This is the experienced Dialysis Technician position. The employee in this position is responsible for the preparation, operation, and maintenance of the specialized equipment used in treatment of patients with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). The employee in this position continues to develop knowledge of the disease process and of the function of hemodialysis in treating patients with ESRD and signs and symptoms of adverse reaction to dialysis.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience preparing, operating and maintaining kidney dialysis equipment.
Note: 1. Applicants may substitute possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the biological or physical sciences for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman or Ocular Technician classifications or Operating Room Specialist and Biological Medical Equipment specialty codes in the kidney dialysis services technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 OR successfully complete a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant-dialysis technician training program and receive certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician from the Board of Nursing within ninety days from date of hire.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Applicants may be given a medical examination prior to their appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification without certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician must successfully complete a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant-dialysis technician training program and receive certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician within ninety days from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks. An appointee failing to successfully complete this requirement will not be retained in the position.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|