ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING, PSYCHIATRIC **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Eastern Shore Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||11/14/2018 11:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,878.00 - $92,930.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
** RECRUITMENT REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY. **
POTENTIAL BONUSES FOR HIRING AND RETENTION MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Eastern Shore Hospital Center, Cambridge MD
Main Purpose of Job
The Assistant Director of Nursing, a Registered Nurse, is ultimately responsible and accountable to the Director of Nursing for assisting with the administrative, clinical and professional realm of nursing to produce high quality patient care through assessment, design, planning, implementation, teaching, providing guidance and direction, evaluating and maintaining nursing standards in collaboration with other disciplines for desired patient outcomes. The ADON represents the Director of Nursing in her absence.
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the option for which application is made (psychiatric) to include two years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity.
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university and six years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the option for which application is made (psychiatric) to include four years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity may be substituted for the required education and experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.