COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS - Baltimore County DSS|
|Date Opened||1/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00/year with potential growth to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore County Department of Social Services
Office of Internet Technology
6401 York Road
Baltimore. Maryland 21212
Main Purpose of Job
The position is responsible for providing computer user support to agency staff. The position diagnoses and resolves hardware, software and network problems by responding to various service requests from staff members. The position coordinates with vendors on assigned agency projects. The position also provides application assistance, support and training to agency staff.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to job duties.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
1. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating System.
2. Experience with Remote control for troubleshooting.
3. Experience with data recovery and restoration.
4. Experience with remote access products as VPN or Citrix.
5. Experience with hard drive encryption.
6. Desk Top Certifications, such as ITIL (information Technology Infrastructure Library/Foundations Certification, Dell Cert, A+ Cert, MCP Cert.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified, Better-Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service will be required before the time of hire.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Kendra Young
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email email@example.com.
For questions concerning this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. Resumes and copies of diplomas are not required for this examination process.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.