COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
General Accounting Division
|Department||COMP General Accounting Division|
|Date Opened||11/1/2018 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
A Computer Information Services Specialist II provides technical support (computer and telecommunications) for the division, provides helpdesk user support, develops, tests, and implements systems, and other duties as assigned. This position assists with implementing and maintaining personal computer (PC) hardware and software, terminals, and other peripheral equipment as well as providing helpdesk user support.
Specifically this position:
- Assists users in developing the conceptual design of personal computer systems and coordinates the development of personal computer systems applications with programmer analysts;
- Plans, coordinates and conducts formal and informal training programs for personal computer users;
- Develops user manuals for personal computer hardware operation and software applications;
- Manages and controls inventory of personal computer hardware and software, supplies and equipment;
- Uses generally accepted computer programming languages to customize packaged personal computer software applications and to create special purpose office applications and databases;
- Performs other related duties.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
- Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Visio, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10, etc.)
- Experience with financial accounting systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.