COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST II **EXTENDED**
|Department||MDH Office of Health Care Quality|
|Date Opened||8/30/2018 10:18:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $50,403.00/year, with potential growth to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Office of Health Care Quality, Information Services Division, Catonsville, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will have the main responsibility of supporting OHCQ's internal and external end users, which connect to the state and federal networks. This position will also be responsible for work planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for OHCQ's network systems, including operating systems software, network communications and security software.
This position will receive oversight from a lead Computer Network Specialist. This position is an important and vital part of OHCQ because it supports the office's computer and network systems, which house essential data used to help monitor health care quality throughout the State of Maryland.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate, and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools, for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems; scheduling; controlling input and output, or maintaining backups or data storage; processing data on computer systems; evaluating; implementing; and maintaining computer hardware and software, or converting data from project specifications, by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitue U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate for this recruitment will have a clear understanding of the following:
1) LAN, WAN, Internet, and Intranet technologies and topologies.
2) Network protocols, such as NetBEUI, IPX/SPX and TCP/IP.
3) Computers, and how they interact in local and wide area network environments.
The desired candidate should also have experience in the following areas:
1) Resolving end user connectivity problems, computer hardware and software problems, via telephone, remote access and/or in person.
2) Installing and upgrading workstations with software applications, operating system software, critical security updates, and corporate antivirus protections.
3) Configuring and installing network communication software, and verifying TCP/IP configuration on work stations.
4) Installing network printer and scanner drivers on workstations.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service, prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850, or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251, or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. |
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|