COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST II (C19018/227553)
|Department||DHCD - Div of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||12/6/2018 11:23:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$22.47 - $29.16/hour (Grade 17/ base-step 9, with potential growth to $35.96)|
|HR Analyst||Ronnie Hammond|
This is a contractual position with limited benefits.
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. We are proud to be at the forefront in implementing housing policies that promotes and preserves homeownership and creating innovative community development initiatives to meet the challenges of a growing Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd, Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro Stop.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One or more years of experience setting up and maintaining NetApp storage systems, as well as experience administering CommVault backup systems.
Juniper and JunOS familiarity is a plus.
Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please Note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Ronnie Hammond, Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources. 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Ronnie Hammond, Senior HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in the position and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps.
For questions concerning this position, please call 301-429-7514.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|