COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||12/3/2018 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $69,273.00/year, with potential growth to $85,401.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
To provide managerial level direction for multiple information technology activities and staff within the Bureau of Administration, Information Technology Support Services (ITSS). To assist the Director of the Bureau of Administration in planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for the virtual infrastructures, storage area network (SAN), local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN). Provide managerial direction in areas of desktop support including operating systems, PC support, help desk, security and other areas as identified by the Director to support the DepartmentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mission and operations. This position directs the work of IT staff on critical platforms, works with Howard County Health Department leadership, bureau directors and the Howard County Department of Technology and Communication Services (DTCS).
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows server technologies including Active Directory User Management and Group Policy configuration.
- Two (2) years of IT supervisory experience.
- Experience with Cisco switching/routing/security/UCP/wireless/video conferencing.
- Experience deploying and supporting desktop computers and software.
- Experience with HIPPA and HiTech as it pertains to IT Healthcare including applicable laws; rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Formal training and practical experience in IT Project Management, to include developing project managements plans and monitoring process.
- Experience with ServiceNow incident management ticketing system
- Determining the feasibility and priority of project request(s) and assigning projects to appropriate staff.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|