COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
Supervisor Mainframe Technical Services - Systems Programming
|Department||DPSCS Information Technology & Communications Div|
|Date Opened||12/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,257.00 - $87,110.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Owen Billing|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future recruitments for the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). Applicants certified to this list will remain eligible for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The current vacancy is at the location below, however this recruitment will be used to fill future vacancies in other DPSCS institutions. Therefore, we encourage you to apply at this time. Please select all of the locations in which you will accept employment.
Information Technology and Communications Division
1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Plan, coordinate and supervise the overall work for the Mainframe Technical Services section. Ensure that the section handles mainframe hardware and software related issues in an efficient manner, Recommends all upgrades and ensures system uptime in accordance with Policies and Procedures. Evaluate the performance of subordinate personnel, along with Identifying training.
Serve as senior system programming technical specialist to the Director. Develop for review and implement all system security requirements.
Review system-wide Monitoring statistics and ensure system is operating within best practice metrics as well as all established policies and procedures.
Plan and supervise the installation and maintenance of mainframe hardware and software.
Evaluate system performance and metrics on a 23 hour basis and determine and required action to be taken
Consult with upper management, Federal, State and local government data centers, in regards to system performance, enhancements and electronic communications.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Prior experience as a senior system programming specialist reporting directly to the executive leadership.
Professional experience installing, maintaining and monitoring Websphere MQ message queue interface (MQI) components across networks of diverse components.
Professional experience installing, maintaining and monitoring BMS Control M programmatic interfaces.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the US a copy of the equivalency American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: O. Billing 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107, Towson, Maryland 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-6500. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.