CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH (CAMH) ASSOCIATE II **REPOST**
SHIFT 2 (2:40 PM to 11:10 PM) & Shift 1 (7:00 AM-3:30PM)
|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||10/9/2020 1:33:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,307.00 - $47,317.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Dunphy|
RECRUITMENT REPOSTED. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, RICA-Baltimore (Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents) Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position's work schedule is during Shift 2 (2:40 PM - 11:10 PM).
The main purpose of this position is to provide counseling and other therapeutic mental health services to seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents in a residential and day treatment setting. This position requires knowledge of effective counseling and group leadership techniques, various treatment interventions, theories of human behavior and group dynamics, patterns of interpersonal relationships, and issues of human growth and development. This position will apply principles to practice and assist other professional and paraprofessional staff in providing quality care to adolescents on an assigned unit. This position may provide guidance and direction to lower classified employees.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 12 credit hours in mental health, health, human services, education or related behavioral sciences including six credit hours in psychology, counseling, addictions or mental health. A copy of your transcript must be attached to the application.
Experience: One year of experience providing counseling or other therapeutic mental health services to seriously mentally ill children or adolescents.
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in mental health, health, human services, education, or related behavioral sciences including six credit hours in psychology, counseling, addictions or mental health may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology classifications or Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties in a swimming program. Employees assigned such duties may be required to obtain certification in Life Saving and Water Safety.
1. Persons appointed to positions in this classification must successfully complete in-service training program and examination approved by the hiring facility prior to a permanent appointment.
2. Applicants are subject to a background investigation by the Maryland State Police before a permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant by the hiring agency.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.