IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
|Department||DLLR - Office of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Application/Project Development
- Determine the "best fit" technology when implementing a software based solution
- Complete and document all projects within agreed upon standards and time frames using the available tools
- Provide accurate input into project research, impact analysis, time estimates and project plans using available tools
- Technical Support
- Listen and analyze reported problems and/or concerns regarding computer applications, software and hardware
- Relay reported problems to Supervisor, Systems Development Unit
- Provide recommendations for solutions to issues in existing or new projects
- Maintain Existing Systems
- Download necessary application files for new or updating existing software through the use of FTP sites
- Request through the Supervisor, Systems Development Unit that files need to be updated or moved to FTP site
- Upload web application files to a FTP site for installation or updating of applications
- Customer Relations/Services
- Develop, maintain and enhance user and management confidence, credibility and respect through continued quality of performance, service and responsiveness
- After receiving an assignment, make recommendation for "best" solutions to enhancements and change control.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
6 months professional experience developing, testing, implementing and maintaining web software applications on IIS 7+ systems using Visual Studio 2012 or later, SQL 2012 or later, and .NET Framework 4.x+ with ASP.NET. VB.Net or C#, jQuery, and Java Script.
Experience in business systems analysis, ECM, ETL
Experience using Agile methods in developing software solutions
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-004470-0009
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.email@example.com.
The MD State Application Form can be found online Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.