Software Developer II
IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $60,815.00 with potential growth to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Barrett|
Reimagine a career in public service. At WCC, we are collaborative and team oriented, innovative in our approach, and passionate about our work. We thrive on initiative, creativity and challenges to the status quo. Our employees are valued and empowered. We are proud of our achievements and consider excellence a continuous journey…not a destination end point. If you've got the right stuff: solid .NET Framework 4.x+ software development skills and a passion for your work, come journey with us.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law. The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER PASSION WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER?
LOCATION OF POSITION
10 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The State of Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission is currently seeking an energetic, versatile and skilled mid-level .NET Software Developer in the position of IT Software Developer II. The Software Developer II role is to develop, tests, and implements a broad range of ASP.NET web based software projects. Focus areas include internal business unit applications, external customer applications and services, delivery of business efficiencies, and ensuring high levels of application availability in support of the Agency's mission.
The Software Developer II has a strong customer focus, using innovative approaches to deliver effective technology solutions that also delight customers. The position develops solutions to solve key business and compliance needs in an integrated and simple manner, building in extensibility and security, and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to best practices.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of business systems analysis as well as experience using Agile methods for developing 'N' tier Microsoft .NET Framework based software applications.
· Work with internal and external customers to define technical solution requirements that support and facilitate business processes and compliance requirements
· Develop, implement and enhance ASP.NET software applications within the Commission’s relational database, online services web portal, enterprise content management, and workflow environments.
· Provide technical mentoring to junior software developers.
· Work with DBA team to define, test, and implement database designs to support software releases.
· Use highly effective oral and written communications skills to gather requirements and to develop clearly written, understandable, and complete project/user documentation for all assigned projects.
· Provide high level technical support for complex software problems
· Work on developing new applications using low code platform tools
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
The following is a required qualification. Candidates MUST possess the following:
9 months' professional experience developing, testing, implementing and maintaining web software applications on IIS 7.5+ systems using Visual Studio 2012 or newer, MVC (Model View Controller), and .NET Framework 4.x+ with ASP.NET, C#, jQuery, and HTML5.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Microsoft SQL Server 2014+ database development skills and experience
· Experience with Team Foundation, GIT or other source code management tools.
· Highly effective oral and written communications skills including the ability to develop clearly written, understandable and complete English project/user documentation.
· Software development experience using 'N' tier architecture and object relational mapper (O/RM) technologies
· Experience developing and delivering software under Agile methodologies
· Experience in developing application using Low-code development platforms
· Working knowledge of business systems analysis, enterprise content management (ECM), enterprise transform and load (ETL), legacy transformation, case management, and/or secure web portal systems.
- Employee may be required to be on-call or occasionally or asked to work outside of normal work hours or on weekends for production emergencies as well as planned system upgrades and therefore required to provide the agency with a telephone number or other mutually agreeable contact method where the employee can be reached.
- Employee may be required to drive to Agency Regional Site locations and must have a valid MD Driver's License.
Applications will be evaluated based on the materials submitted in relation to the above position responsibilities and requirements. Therefore, it is important to provide complete and accurate information. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Workers' Compensation Commission at 410-864-5230.
TO APPLY: Please include your resume along with your completed online employment application. During the online application process, use the Resume tab to select a method for including your resume (Upload Your Resume or Type or Copy/Paste Your Resume).
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
10 E. Baltimore Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply
The MD State Application Form can be found online. Workers' Compensation
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|