IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
|Department||Department of Budget and Management|
|Date Opened||10/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
The Shared Services Division of the Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits is seeking an advanced/lead level Integrations Analyst, with strong general knowledge in systems integrations and security operations. The successful candidate will be trained in the Statewide Personnel System (SPS). Systems include Workday, Cornerstone and JobAps.
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This advanced/lead level position will support the Shared Services integration and security operations on the Integrations Team. This support includes the integration and security for JobAps, the Hub (learning management system), and Workday (HR and Payroll related integration) systems. This position will be responsible for providing support in the design, development, testing, implementing and maintaining the integrations for these systems in coordination with the Division support staff for each system. This position will also provide information to users and vendors to resolve issues. This position must be available for some evening and weekend work schedules as part of the Team.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Four years of experience in programming design and development, data integration custom built inbound/outbound Integrations/automation scripts;
Must have experience with XML development and working knowledge of XSLT and HTML;
One year of experience with HR, Benefits or Timekeeping/Payroll integrations;
Must demonstrate knowledge of critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to debug existing source code and quickly learn new systems when required
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please note a RESUME is REQUESTED for this recruitment. If uploading attachments, the attachment must be formatted or scanned as ONE complete document (resume, degree, etc.).
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston St.,
Baltimore, MD 21201
For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the on-line or paper application.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.