IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||3/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nathan Warfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain network and communication infrastructures and supporting network hardware, software, and associated peripherals. Research, design, and recommend infrastructure technology to management and coordinate network and telecommunication projects with vendors and users.
- Research, design, and drive the implementation and documentation of the Agency’s network architecture. Create redundant, reliable, secure, scalable networks with fault tolerance, performance tuning, real-time monitoring, data collection, and disaster recovery. Assists in the development of the strategic direction of the network infrastructure for both current and future needs.
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve the network and network security problems and concerns associated with network hardware and software. Analyze network efficiency by conducting network tests and running diagnostics to forecast performance thresholds. Monitor and report on network traffic, usage, and performance. Review system logs to identify any possible intrusions or abnormal activity.
- Implement, maintain, update, and design security measures to ensure the integrity of data resources and prevent unauthorized access to network systems. Work with vendors and internal resources to conduct regular risk assessments and remediate all identified network security, performance, and capacity risks. Conduct network vulnerability tests and perform periodic security audits and assessments. Document, analyze and audit network resources, configurations and security settings.
- Maintain the Agency’s servers, and other components of the IT infrastructure. Perform activities that include planning, configuration, installation, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of a VMware environment, windows servers, desktop support, and related applications. Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software/hardware related problems. The position maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Provide technical support and guidance to users and is responsible for backup and recovery procedures. - Inventory technical equipment including system and software configurations and network addressing; ensure that software license agreements are current and accurate in accordance with Agency policy.
- Travel to remote office locations for network software and hardware support.
- Be available outside of non-business hours for support and maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Provide support to other division staff members
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with VMware, Splunk, and Nutanix hyper-converged systems.
* Prior Maryland State IT exposure.
* Cisco professional certification(s).
* Experience with Windows server and desktop support.
* Experience using linux or unix.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, applicants may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
Attention: Nate Warfield, Director of Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 230-8764 or email:email@example.com
Resumes may be uploaded but will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|