IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST **Reposted**
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||12/21/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carla Harrison|
**PREVIOUS APPLICANTS ARE STILL BEING CONSIDERED**
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent State agency that regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects consumers by monitoring and enforcing insurers’ and insurance professionals’ compliance with State law. Through the diligence of a highly professional staff of market analysts, financial analysts, accountants, lawyers, law enforcement officers, actuaries, complaint investigators, and others, the MIA works to facilitate a strong and competitive insurance marketplace where consumers are well informed and treated fairly. Staff members are subject matter experts who serve as a resource for lawmakers, consumers, and other public and private entities.
The MIA is charged with a broad range of responsibilities including the licensure of insurance carriers and insurance producers (brokers/agents) operating in Maryland, the conduct of financial examinations of companies to monitor financial solvency, and the review and approval of rates and contract forms. The MIA investigates reports of consumer fraud and consumer complaints about life, health, automobile, homeowners, and/or property insurance. Insurance carriers are subject to market conduct examinations and other actions to monitor compliance with Maryland law. The MIA also has a unit dedicated to consumer education and outreach, which participates in hundreds of events and reaches thousands of individual consumers annually.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The MIA’s Management Information Systems unit is recruiting for the position of IT Systems Technical Specialist. This position is responsible for planning, designing and developing improvements and new or advanced systems or applications across an entire area of specialization in application, communication, database, or operating systems software technology, including custom developed external or internal applications and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software packages used by the MIA.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience developing into Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, and SharePoint.
2. Experience working with MS SQL, MS SSRS, and Crystal Reports.
3. Experience working with ORM, especially Microsoft Entity Framework..
4. Experience working with Enterprise Complaint Tracking Systems.
5. Experience preparing test plans for new applications and systems.
6. Experience designing systems and data models.
7. Experience creating and managing advanced application systems using various technologies such as HTML5, CSS, XML, Java Script, jQuery, JSON, LINQ, AJAX, and MS MVC Framework .
**Please include a current resume with your submission. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. The application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be completed, in its entirety, for full consideration.**
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may consist of a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information concerning this recruitment. Online applications are strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application by mail. The paper application must be received by close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. Postmarks will not be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Applications may be mailed to: Maryland Insurance Administration, Human Resources Division, 200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700, Baltimore, Maryland 21202.
TTY Users call Maryland Relay Service at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.