IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR I
Assistant Director, Database and Application Administration
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||9/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year (maximum starting salary for new state employees is $82,901)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Barrett|
Make a difference while pursuing a career to match your passion. Participate in creating a completely new, state-of-the-art software application suite and supporting data model with a forward-looking design to support the Commission’s objectives today and into the future. Envision yourself transforming business processes, data, and user experience into responsive, flexible and nimble business applications. At WCC, we thrive on initiative, creativity and challenges to the status quo. Proud of our achievements, excellence is a continuous journey, not an end point. This is public service today.
If you've got the right stuff: team leadership expertise, strong Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience, Windows Server technical skills, and a passion for your work, come journey with us.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law.
The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
- Works with multiple internal and external customers, stakeholders, and third parties to define data services project objectives, requirements, scope, and risk; documents and maintains project plan, schedule, reporting plan, change management plan, contingencies, test plans and resource needs.
- Uses experience and up to date strong technical skills with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, Microsoft SQL Server and working knowledge of a broad array of modern enterprise technologies to translate business requirements and stories into technical strategies, architectural designs, and implementation plans
- Coordinates WCC cross functional project teams to deliver projects according to plan, schedule and budget using established standards and best practices
- Manages strategic and day-to-day activities associated with assigned projects and staff members including team communications and collaboration, team development, status reporting, task management, problem solving, change management, and data services technology assessment and future planning
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Five years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining application, communication, database, or operating systems software.
The following are required qualifications. Candidates MUST possess the following:
· Four (4) or more years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer database architecture, design, administration, Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Reporting Services (SSRS), performance tuning, and advanced security and recovery features
· One (1) or more years of IT staff supervisory experience
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in leading as a hands on manager of database projects for enterprise content management (ECM), legacy transformation, case management, web portal systems, and/or implementing application projects using low code/no code digital transformation tool sets
- Technical management and hands on experience on IT projects that included implementation work with Windows server 2012 or newer, server virtualization, Active Directory, and/or data encryption and security compliance requirements.
- Employee may occasionally be required to be on-call or asked to work outside of normal work hours for production emergencies or planned upgrades and therefore may be provided with a cell phone or required to provide the agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
- Employee must have the ability to travel to Agency Regional Site locations in Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of the training and experience provided with your application. Submission of a resume is required to submit a completed application and those who do not will be considered incomplete. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Workers' Compensation Commission at 410-864-5230.
TO APPLY: Please include your resume along with your completed online employment application. During the online application process, use the Resume tab to select a method for including your resume (Upload Your Resume or Type or Copy/Paste Your Resume). Submission of a resume is required to submit a completed application and those who do not will be considered incomplete.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Please include your resume along with your completed employment application.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
10 E. Baltimore Street, Personnel Division
Baltimore, MD 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
WCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|