IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||5/16/2018 1:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,543.00 - $97,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sylvia Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
State Board of Elections
151 West Street, Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
This position defines,tests and implements improvements to all aspects of the specialized application software used for MDVOTERS, the Maryland Voter Registration System. MDVOTERS fulfills the State Board of Elections federal and state statutory requirement to provide a single, centralized list of persons registered and eligible to vote in Maryland. The database contains information on over 4 million citizens.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all MDVOTERS voter registration business processes work correctly; for properly setting all MDVOTERS system parameters; and for maintaining system administrative functions, including application security functions.
The position provides leadership to voter registration supervisors in 24 local boards of elections statewide on the use of MDVOTERS functions, and, detailed guidance to over 300 system users on MDVOTERS procedures.
- Support election-related preparation and support activities;
- Oversee MDVOTERS disaster recovery plan, testing and updates and supporting contracts;
- Manage agency's ongoing implementation of legislative or other audit processes regarding voter registration;
- Oversee the security and efforts to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of MDVOTERS and the data contained in the database.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Four years of experience in technical related projects and four years of experience supervising technical staff.
- Additional experience in technical related projects and supervising technical staff may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving technical oversight on projects and staff on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
- Experience in application and data center security.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with how elections are conducted in Maryland or another state.
- Experience in coordinating activities performed by other individuals or third parties (e.g., vendors, election officials).
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Election Administration.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6486
Annapolis, MD 21401
For questions or to email additional information, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Fax additional information, please fax to 410-974-5126.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|